This is the second piece I have made in my metalwork class at Shelburne Craft School. I made it in copper to test out the design for my final piece which will be made from silver, it's better to make mistakes with the cheaper metal!
It is based on a Danish heart but it is single-sided. Making the test gave me a chance to work out the dimensions I need to get this to work in metal, and how to weave the strips together. The beads are threaded onto a wire which hangs independently
on the jump ring, it was fun to make the little ball on the end by
heating the wire up until it melted.
I've got a few tweaks to make now for making the silver piece, which I started on this morning.